June 7, 2009

Europe 2009 - Tuesday May 5th 2009

This day was a blur for me. I think that the pain in my ankle was catching up with me and I couldn't locate any photos taken this day.


This was our business visit day. We visited the Bank of England. We went through their museum and were shown a film on how inflation works. This topic was very interesting to me but I think that I zoned out during the film and I had a hard time engaging.


After the visit our bus took us to the Harrods area of London and we had an hour for lunch. We wondered around for a bit but it was hard to find a place that we all agreed on for lunch. We ended up eating in a big shop that had several different small shops. I think I had a salad and a some sort of weird local pop.


After lunch we wondered down the street and found a local coffee shop. We sat in there until it was time to meet the bus. While we were there Gretchen made friends with this old local man who ended up giving her several small gifts. These gifts included a rose, perfume samples and lotion. It was funny.


Our next stop was a business visit to a brewery. I was in excruciating pain so I decided to stay on the bus and rest. I tried to read but I ended up lying on the back seat and taking a short nap. The bus driver wondered on and off of the bus during this two hours and we had some dialog. He showed me how the bus company tracks his driving with this little card that he inputs into the bus and it tracks his time and speed. He also told me a bit of his dissatisfaction with working and his company. I guess work dissatisfaction transcends the world.


After the tour we went back to the hotel and Naph and I decided to eat dinner in the pub. There was a football (soccer) game on TV and the pub was packed and noisy. Every now and then a big cheer would go through the room.


I felt that it was a wasted day for me as I was unable to concentrate all day.


This photo was from Monday but I just found it on Gretchen's Facebook page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about when that drunk guy in the pub ran smack into the door and his nose started bleeding. that was an interesting site. LOL

NE

RSS Subscribe