June 15, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Me

Guess what? June 15 is my one year blogging anniversary. I made it! When I started I wasn't sure I was going to keep this interest. I am surprised and impressed that I have followed through with the hobby and I think my writing skills have increased over the last year.

I find it very freeing to be so open with my friends and family in this forum. Some have said (my brother in particular) that I share too much and that I should be worried that I am being judged. I feel that he was the one judging at that moment, but more importantly I don't care. I feel as I have been much more introspective this past year. I am trying to look at what is inside of me to help me become a happier and more fulfilled person. It you would have asked me two years ago if I would try online dating I would have said you were crazy. I would have thought you were insane if you said not only was i utilizing an online dating service, but I was also sharing my experiences with friends and family. I don't think I used to be this open. BTW...nothing interesting going on there.

The secondary part of being so open is it has allowed me to become less judgemental of others. I think I used to have a hard time with this and I often felt if people were not like me they were wrong. How deluded I was! I am not saying that I am still not judgemental on occasion but I do think I have made giant strides forward.

So Happy Anniversary to me and I look forward to another year entertaining you with my stories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary to you. :-)

NE

RSS Subscribe