June 21, 2009

Daily Calories

I am currently at 1720 calories for the day. I am going to have another small snack in a bit and that should take me up to about 1900. I did it again! I stayed inside of my daily calories and I even turned down an offer to eat at Texas Roadhouse. You know I really wanted to eat there, but I would have totally blown my day. The rolls alone would have killed me. I want to save my cheat day for next Saturday when we are going to Bloomington for the day. I am sure there will be wine and a scrumptious place to eat.

After biking today for 2 hours I decided to go to my brothers house to wash his car for fathers day. When I got there he didn't want me to touch his precious BMW under the guise that he washed it on Saturday. So I washed Tracy's car instead and as soon as I began my arms were killing me. I guess this is the result of the horrendous car waxing I did on Saturday. It was all I could do to finish the task and I think I was moving like a snail.

Next weeks extra activity involves balls. I guess I will have to encourage the children to play soccer with me a couple times. I am sure Taylor, Paige and Sarah will be up to the challenge.

On an odd side note I got sunburned in the funniest place today. I forgot to put my watch on today and that little 1/2 inch spot on my left wrist is bright red. I found it vaguely amusing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At some point, you will be able to eat at restaurants comfortably because you will be able to make the right choices. Years ago on my most successful diet to date, I ate sensibly 6 days a week, then on the 7th it was time for Outback or a similar casual dining restaurant.

The only rule on the 7th day was that I could not have any restaurant desserts, because those portions are too much for one person and for me they are a a "trigger".

The funny thing is that diet could have become a lifestyle for me. It was doable, but I chose not to keep it up.

Candace said...

I think that this is good advise and I will keep it in mind. I need to make it to Saturday!

Anonymous said...

You are really dedicated. i've decided to not eat as much dessert. I am getting out of hand. and guess what, instead of eating a large fry today, i had a small. :-)

NE

RSS Subscribe