June 6, 2009

More Biking Fun

Today I accomplished one of my summer goals. I biked thirty miles with three of my friends (we missed you Ems). Doesn't that sound crazy and impossible! We did virtually little training to accomplish this goal. Basically, it was just me saying last weekend that we should do bike a marathon and we did it. Up until this point my maximum distance was 16 to 17 miles total distance.

We met at the Greenway at 146th Street in Carmel and we biked to the end of the Monon at 10th Street. Everything below Broadripple was boring and uninteresting. We got to see several abandoned warehouses and the back end of the Indiana State Fairgrounds. We even passed a police officer twice as we were riding.

We finished the day at Bub's restaurant for a diet Coke, burger and fries. It was exactly what my body wanted. This was an excellent way to spend a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

Stats:

Time: 3:12 actual riding time
Distance: 30 Miles
Odometer: 136 Miles
Average Speed: 9.3 mph
Max Speed: 19.6 mph

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job!
That is amazing to me! I am glad you found a passion!
Where are you going next?


AL

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!!!!!!
I am so proud of you.

NE

ems said...

So So Sorry I missed it. I missed you guys too :-(

I'm glad it went so well! Was the Bub's fantastic?

zlionsfan said...

Bub's was good ... but after the first time, it's, well, just good burgers. Not much on the menu.

Candy, to be fair, riding 16 miles prior to riding 30 absolutely is training, and you've ridden often enough so far this year that if you put your bike entries together, it would probably look like a training record.

Candace said...

You are right...I don't think that I give myself enough credit sometimes. I just don't see myself as an athletic person. I guess I am becoming one.

I agree about the burgers they were just ordinary.

RSS Subscribe