June 22, 2009

Daily Calories

Today's Total is 1895

I faced couple challenges today. I had a sausage Mcmuffin no egg from McDonald's for breakfast and a slice of Pizza from Sam's club for dinner. I did have plenty of fruits and vegetables with my lunch and snacks.

My biggest challenge today included my old "Candy Bar Club". For a time period of about a month, three of my co-workers and I created a Candy Bar Club. This involved buying four candy bars and then handing them out to the other members and yourself. This usually occurred three times a week. I was basically eating three King Size candy bars a week for an afternoon snack. Much to the chagrin of my club mates, I quite two weeks ago. Two of the members are trying to keep it alive and the person who sits next to me brought in six candy bars today and left them lying on her desk out in the open.

This included a Hershey bar with nuts, a Kit Kat, and Reece's Peanut Butter Cups. Have I ever mentioned that these are my three favorite candy bars? It was killing me all day to have to walk by them. But, I said no as I know I had a fast food breakfast and there was pizza on the horizon for dinner. I was doing good until I went back to my desk at 4:15 and the Hershey bar had jumped to my desk. I practically yelled, "Who the Fu*k put this Hershey bar on my desk!" I was very upset as I didn't want it in my vicinity. I did put it back, but it was sending me over the edge.

I had my second personal training session today with Hadley and she was great. My legs are still aching!

7 comments:

Moore said...

If you did not purchase, check out or Kindle the book Eat This, Not That, remind me to show it to you. It tells you the right fast food to eat (if there is such a thing) For example , a regular Egg McMuffin is on the list as are many Chick Fil-A breakfast options, which I love.

Candace said...

I do have this book, but I hardly look at it. I should probably keep it in my car.

Nicole said...

I would like to see this book. Can someone bring it to book club on Thursday?

Sorry to get so "philosophical" on you yesterday. Perhaps I was trying to help myself out a bit too. Yes, I do have lots of books on Enlightenment. I'm a little bit of an junkie. I would be Buddhist except that I don't like categorization. I especially tense up at anything resembling an organized religion:).

At any rate, it sounds like you're doing pretty well. My advice at this point would be to just use these days as examples to learn from. Don't beat yourself up too much. You're not supposed to be perfect at this from the get-go. Be proud of the steps you are making.

zlionsfan said...

You can also visit menshealth.com to see what they've made available online. (They also have newsletters, but there are a lot of them and the signal-to-noise ratio is pretty low; also, well, they're aimed at men ...)

It sounds like you might have a few challenges in front of you at work. Hopefully this is nothing more than friendly coworkers teasing you ... but it might be necessary to explain that you're trying hard to work toward a goal and that their support is important to you. They don't have to actively support you (although that would be nice), but if they're going to try to undermine your efforts, that's going to be a big problem. (Again, it's probably nothing more than a little teasing that went over very poorly. I've been guilty of that myself before.)

It looks like you're doing pretty well in terms of staying within your limits and eating good food ... keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Stay away from the chocolate. It is not your friend.
Go Candy!

NE

Candace said...

The book is now in my hand and I am going to look at while I watch Twilight tonight. I will bring it on Thursday.

I thought it was just a bit of teasing from my co-worker yesterday, but when I brought it up she was seriously trying to give me the candy bar. She was almost mad at me for returning it. I will have to step away from her.

Anonymous said...

I will say what you now know. She appears to be a hater who does not want you to succeed.

RSS Subscribe