December 9, 2008

Am I a Robot??

So I came to the realization over the weekend that I have a large quantity of automation in my life. I know that I never like to be inconvenienced by stuff and basically daily life in general. Let me list it for you and you decide if I am a Robot?

1. All of my outside Christmas lights are on timers so they automatically turn on and off each day at dawn and dusk
2. All of my inside Christmas decorations are on timers so they automatically turn on an off each day at 6pm and 11pm
3. My alarm clock automatically goes off Monday – Friday at 7am without any daily interference from me
4. I have a light in my bedroom that automatically turns on and off daily from 7am-9am
5. I had my phone alarm set to go off daily at 9:30 am and 9:30 pm to remind me to take my medicine, I have since disengaged it because it annoyed my co-workers
6. All of my various podcasts automatically download daily if ITUNES is running on my laptop
7. I have set up my yahoo calendar to automatically send me emails 4 days and 1 day prior to any birthday, anniversary or social activity
8. I have several bills that automatically get charged to my debit card monthly
9. My Amazon Kindle...the ultimate....I just pick a book and it downloads in less than a minute...instant gratification at it's finest

So are there any daily automation items that I could still be using but don’t? Does this make me a robot or crazy or just plain old LAZY?

No comments:

RSS Subscribe