December 4, 2008

Two Stories for One - Dumb Blond and Smelly

I experienced the biggest blond moment today. I don’t usually like to put myself into this category but unfortunately, I think that it applies today.

I made plans with three of my co-workers to go out to lunch today. While we were in the elevator we were trying to decide which restaurant we should eat at. I said either The Olive Garden or Applebee’s, because I was going to drive separately, and I needed to go to the post office afterwards to mail my passport renewal forms (Hurray for me). I made the decision for the group to meet up at The Olive Garden. So I got in my car and drive to the restaurant. I go inside and get us a table for four in the bar. I start to review the menu and one of my co-workers pokes her head in and says, “Candy, What are you doing?”. I just gave her the blank look and waved her to the table. She walks to the table and asks me again, “What are you doing?”, She then says, “What restaurant is this?”

My face gets completely red and I say, “Oh F..K!!!) I was at Applebee’s! How could I end up at the wrong restaurant! I had only just left work. Why was I so distracted? I was lucky my friends were watching me and noticed that I entered the wrong restaurant.


Then while we were eating I had a couple smaller blond moments also. I ordered soup and salad and when the server brought the soup I didn’t remember that it was what I ordered. My friend had to point out that it was mine. Then payment time came. When the server returned with our various credit cards he called the first person by her name and she claimed her credit card, then he just said, “Chase Card”. I just sat there oblivious. Again, it had to be pointed out to me that the credit card belonged to me.

I have been better this afternoon and I need to leave that craziness behind.


The second story involves my trip to Ohio yesterday for my sister’s father’s funeral. I met my brother at the mall by my house at 7:30 and drove in his car. About ten minutes after we left he looks at me and asks me if I was wearing perfume. I said yes and he then asked what kind. I said I didn’t remember the name but I got it from an Avon clearance sale. He said he hated to hurt my feelings but it smelled like body order. He really told me I smelled like BO! We had just begun the trip and I had to spend the rest of the day worried that I smelled badly. I guess you need people in your life who are honest enough with you to tell you things like that. But, I would rather not smell. He knew that I had showed that morning as I do every day.

A few weeks ago I was at Lou’s house after work and I gave my nine year old niece a very long hug. After we were done she looked up at me and told me that I smelled. I guess that the perfume doesn’t react well with my body chemistry or with the natural deodorant or soap that I use. I have to say I would rather use the chemicals than smell.

Does anyone have any suggestions on any pleasant and even pleasing scented cologne? I am in desperate need of something different.

No comments:

RSS Subscribe