December 8, 2008

The Nutcracker



One of my friends suggested going to see the Nutcracker about a month ago and I said yes and got us some tickets. I had never seen this ballet or any ballet before. I was impressed with the quality of the costumes and set. I enjoyed the performance and I just sat there and adsorbed it. I really didn’t get the story line too much. My friend read it to me while we were waiting, but I still had a hard time following. There was no speaking or singing or communication of any sort except for dancing. I have never been to any type of performance where there wasn’t any type of talking. Even with that being the case I wasn’t bored. I never looked at my watch to see what time it was or fidgeted in my chair. After seeing this production it gave me the desire to see more types of dancing. My friend suggested checking out some modern dancing troupes in the area. I think I would like to do that.

This production was located at the Zionsville High School. I had never been through the town before. It was very quaint and lovely. The main street was in brick and it was lined with loads of individual sellers of various types of merchandise…antiques, Ice Cream, a ballet store, Ice Cream. I would love to come back sometime and walk up and down Main Street to see all of the stores. Also, apparently there is tons of nature and trials in Zionsville for people to walk down. It is funny to me that I have lived in Indianapolis for eight years and I never knew that all of this stuff existed.

No comments:

RSS Subscribe